The Goddard School - Great owners, but compensation poor for newer employees and no room for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

"Great owners, but compensation poor for newer employees and no room for growth"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Sparks, MD
Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Sparks, MD

Pros

Well known preschool, majority of the parents are nice, pretty clean, management usually gives praise for job well done and notices things teachers do to make their rooms better, nice coworkers, nice owners/managers

Cons

The new employees have late hours, many people are underpaid for the amount of work they complete in comparison to the amount parents pay for tuition, some co-workers are underachievers and are burnt out and they are still highly compensated just because they have been with the school for a number of years. College degrees hold no leverage.

Advice to Management

Compensate employees who actually do their jobs well and make the workload on teachers manageable. Fire people who have low work ethic even if they have been with the company for a number of years. Stop using substitutes for miscellaneous tasks and put them in the rooms to help teachers to prevent burn out. Hire a cleaning company. The cleaning man does absolutely nothing! He is worthless and they still pay him to do nothing. He doesn't mop, sweep, or vacuum ever! Management makes subs scrub bathrooms, the kitchen, and dishes.

Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School

"Not the best work experience"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Overland Park, KS

Pros

The children and the parents were the best reasons to work at The Goddard School.

Cons

Poor hourly wage for college educated teachers($11 to $12/hr, no affordable health insurance, no PTO, expected to buy your own school supplies.

Advice to Management

If they are expecting to hire teachers with degrees, in order to keep them, they must pay more and offer a benefits package. High turnover

2. "Wish I had never applied."

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Chesterfield, MO

Pros

The children and my co teachers. I had/have a great relationship with the kids and the parents. I learned how to multitask. I had my son enrolled and he built a few friendships during his short education there.

Cons

It was a stipulation of employment to sign a contract with a $500 penalty for leaving before the end of the academic year. The classes were overenrolled. Some teachers in preK didn't even have a college degree. Lots of shortcuts taken with cleanliness and safety. I withdrew my son and quit because of overenrollment.

Advice to Management

All locations are different, of course, but Goddard Chesterfield firmly believes that they treat their people well by offering a pittance of recognition and food days twice a year. That's nothing.