The Goddard School - Enriching & Rewarding. | Glassdoor

"Enriching & Rewarding."

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher
Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great management, great families. Every day was different and pretty face paced. Good benefits and vacation time.

Cons

The discipline policies are very ineffective, especially when you have a challenging child. Also, for how hard you work and how much you invest into the children and their families, the pay feels awfully low (even though Goddard pays great for a child-care center).

Advice to Management

The philosophy of discipline that the school holds is very outdated and ineffective. They need to implement better polices for the continued health and development of children who struggle behaviorally.

Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School

"Good school, terrible pay"

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time

Pros

The Goddard School meets high standards of excellence. Every classroom plans age appropriate activities. School is NAEYC accredited.

Cons

The Goddard School does not pay their teachers well at all. Lead teachers with a college degree still make less than $10 an hour.

2. "Co-Lead Teacher Get-Set Room"

Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Owner, Director and established cirriculum were all excellent resources. I really felt like I had an advocate in my wing should any problems arise. There is a very clear concise program so you are always aware of where you stand in terms of job performance. The company is very organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

The pay is extremely low for the amount of time and effort required to do an excellent job. I found myself putting in a lot of hours of work "off the clock". As with any pre-school job it is important to be aware that you do not get burnt out.