The Goddard School - Wonderful children and families, terrible ownership | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

"Wonderful children and families, terrible ownership"

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Rancho Cordova, CA
Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The children and families is what keeps the teachers at the school. The teachers themselves are close and provide the much needed support to each other.

Cons

Minimal pay for preschool teaching. Minimal benefits. Extremely high turn over rate. No support provided for curriculum writing, issues in the classroom, etc. Teachers opinions and insight does not matter to the owner or directors. The owner has no teaching experience and solely makes decisions and how to make the most money. He treats employees terrible as if they should be lucky to be working for him. Do not work their because soon enough you will be looking for a new job because you want to get out.

Advice to Management

Treat employees BETTER, make decisions based on the best interest of children and not solely money.

Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School

1. "Good Experience.. Mostly"

Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The children and most of the other teachers.

Cons

The flexibility with scheduling. When I started I told the director that I was going back to school in a few months. When the time came for me to schedule my classes, she wasn't as flexible as she said she was going to be. It was frustrating since they did it for other teachers. Also, there were no benefits offered which was something I really wanted.

Advice to Management

Stick to what you say to employees. Give everyone equal schedules.

"Enriching & Rewarding."

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great management, great families. Every day was different and pretty face paced. Good benefits and vacation time.

Cons

The discipline policies are very ineffective, especially when you have a challenging child. Also, for how hard you work and how much you invest into the children and their families, the pay feels awfully low (even though Goddard pays great for a child-care center).

Advice to Management

The philosophy of discipline that the school holds is very outdated and ineffective. They need to implement better polices for the continued health and development of children who struggle behaviorally.