The Goddard School - Depending on location, can be a good school but they treat their teachers poorly | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Goddard School

"Depending on location, can be a good school but they treat their teachers poorly"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at the Goddard school: the children (but isn't the best reason to teach anywhere?)
Another pro: our school was new so we had nice facilities and resources in our classrooms were nice

Cons

Terrible ownership
Terrible benefits (5 vacation days! no 401k and expensive insurance)
Pay was unbelievably low- I couldn't even live off the $10/hr they paid me.
--Overall, this is a for-profit school, so owner treats it like a business and in the end, just wants to make money. Put as many kids in the classrooms as possible, pay the teachers as little as possible.

Advice to Management

Stop treating this school like a business. The children should matter the most, which means stop shoving too many children in 1 room. The children lose out because the teachers can't divide their attention evenly! Most of all, listen to your employees - they are the ones in the classrooms every day.

Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School

1. "Not happy but can't find another job"

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only good reason to work at goddard is you don't have to work. At the goddard school I work at there are 4 teachers that do nothing all day every day. Nothing.

Cons

Owner just doesn't care. We work for years without a raise insurence very very high, owners chooses to close the week between Christmas and New Years and we have to use our own vacation time. We are required to attend meetings and training without being paid , state and federal law is all hourly employees are to be payed. I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

You need a director that has no friends that work there.no emotional attachment and can run the school. And start to care for the kids more then the bottom line.

2. "Good school, but it really depends on the ownership on how well the kiddos and staff experience is there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jamison, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jamison, PA

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kids and my co teacher were the only really good things about working there.

Cons

High turn over rate. It depends on the owner of the school on how well your experience will be here.