The Goddard School - Terrible! | Glassdoor

"Terrible!"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Owasso, OK
Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Owasso, OK

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If The Goddard School is ran correctly it would be a great place to work and for the children to go to.

Cons

When I worked there as a Lead Teacher the curriculum was not really followed or enforced by the other Teacher in my classroom. I spent lots of time outside of work making my lesson plans but the Teacher just let the kids in our class free play all day. It was more like a day care and this made the kids misbehave but they had no real consequences. Structure and classroom management were absent through out the center. Kids were bribed with stickers and small toys. The tuition is very high and the school promises many learning experiences and activities but they were all just for show at the particular location I worked at.

Advice to Management

Management/owners need to purchase quality/nutritious food for the children that PAY TUITION to go to this "school". Do not buy junk food in bulk from Sam's or serve "magic bread". There needs to be more training and orientation. The Owasso location needs to follow the companies values

Other Employee Reviews for The Goddard School

1. "Depending on location, can be a good school but they treat their teachers poorly"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Goddard School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work at the Goddard school: the children (but isn't the best reason to teach anywhere?)
    Another pro: our school was new so we had nice facilities and resources in our classrooms were nice

Cons

Terrible ownership
    Terrible benefits (5 vacation days! no 401k and expensive insurance)
    Pay was unbelievably low- I couldn't even live off the $10/hr they paid me.
    --Overall, this is a for-profit school, so owner treats it like a business and in the end, just wants to make money. Put as many kids in the classrooms as possible, pay the teachers as little as possible.

Advice to Management

Stop treating this school like a business. The children should matter the most, which means stop shoving too many children in 1 room. The children lose out because the teachers can't divide their attention evenly! Most of all, listen to your employees - they are the ones in the classrooms every day.

2. "Not happy but can't find another job"

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at The Goddard School full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only good reason to work at goddard is you don't have to work. At the goddard school I work at there are 4 teachers that do nothing all day every day. Nothing.

Cons

Owner just doesn't care. We work for years without a raise insurence very very high, owners chooses to close the week between Christmas and New Years and we have to use our own vacation time. We are required to attend meetings and training without being paid , state and federal law is all hourly employees are to be payed. I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

You need a director that has no friends that work there.no emotional attachment and can run the school. And start to care for the kids more then the bottom line.