The Hackett Group - I have been working at The Hackett Group for over two years - left company and returned | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Hackett Group

"I have been working at The Hackett Group for over two years - left company and returned"

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time

Pros

A consistent theme is Hackett's solid, extremely knowledgeable professionals. As a relatively small global company, Hackett represents a great group of professionals who work close with each other, care much about each other's careers and share a bond much like a family run organization. This is one of the reasons why, along with the ability to drive your own opportunities, that employess stay for many years or return back after leaving for "green pastures".

Cons

It's relative small size. The Hackett Group competes with global organizations that have much greater investment levels to make across these organization. This lean environment requires employees to be proactive.

Advice to Management

Continuously look to more ways to integrate practice areas and take advantage of existing global footprint

Other Employee Reviews for The Hackett Group

"Company with self directed growth opportunity"

I have been working at The Hackett Group full-time

Pros

Flexibility to telecommute. Very very intelligent people work at Hackett.

Cons

Work life balance is a continuous challenge and focus. Vacation isn't really vacation.

Advice to Management

Create more defined career paths.

2. "can use as a temp assignment - if you need a stop gap job"

Former Employee - Consulting Manager
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager

I worked at The Hackett Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

exposure to the best benchmarking material I have seen in 15 yrs in consulting -- but it is now becoming dated

Cons

most everything else -- sat out the recession there - but as many comments here state - leadership is poor - focused on their own short term needs and goals -- and employees are expendable -- not valued in any manner --- from what I could see from the several years I spent there-- I moved on when there was nothing else to learn -- and our team's pipeline had been dry since late 2012.

Advice to Management

sell to a large firm interested in long term results -- and growing the consulting footprint