The Hartford - Long | Glassdoor

"Long"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Good benefits
Knowledgable staff and employees
Good training program

Cons

Compensation not up to par
Treatment of older workers

Advice to Management

Give older experienced workers acknowledgment for their work and recognize the skill set they bring to the table over and above the young inexperienced workers

Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford

1. "Used to be a great place to work, now it feels like a typical corporation."

Current Employee - Senior Service Specialist in Windsor Locks, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Service Specialist in Windsor Locks, CT

Pros

Good benefits and vacation time, work from home privileges, bonuses, current manager, co-workers

Cons

Poor job training, the ability to move up within the company, compensation, outsouring, being promoted within a department is extremely difficult, lack of work/life balance, many things are gray and never black and white when it comes to management making decisions, the current outsourcing of many areas

Advice to Management

More honest communication to the employees just be upfront. Jobs should be kept here not outsourced

2. "I know there has to be a better place...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

It was a great place to start when I got out of college. Great Life/Work balance. The free and ample parking in the Hartford area is nice.

Cons

Unfortunately, even though I have been promoted twice in my department, I am still a victim of "salary compression." New kids fresh out of college with no work experience are starting making more than me. This is very discouraging.
    Upper managment has no clue who does what or what goes on in the department. Some managment have no clue about the line of business but sneak into higher positions just based on education.

Advice to Management

Be honest to employees. Don't dance around subjects, be straigtforward even if it hurts someone's feelings. We need to know what you want from us. Upper managment needs to evaluate who is doing what, how well they are doing it. Allocate money to the salaries of those who are faithful, work hard and get the job done.