The Hartford - The Best Company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

"The Best Company to work for!"

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment - great people, great benefits, rewards and recognition, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Very busy in call center - could benefit from more time for daily team huddles for front line employees and time in between calls in mornings and daytime hours for both employee and customer experience. Technology - outdated and buggy internal computer programs and systems in call centers.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase promotion from within the front-line call center operations up to management and executive management level roles. Front line leaders potentially have a thorough, comprehensive understanding of our business, our customers, our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats gained from daily interaction with the marketplace. They have that close view perspective and understand what it takes for operational efficiency to happen, as well as growth and customer satisfaction. With education, front line leaders can take on higher level, broader leadership roles in upper levels of the organization using their pperspective and experience sharing data across the organization. Their promotion will inspire front line employees who will reflect their inspiration in their daily interactions with our customers as the see many others advance before them. This potentially can make The Hartford one of the top celebrated companies to work for, with innovative insights shared at high levels om the organization, and faster, more clear decision making based on understanding of our customers, businesses, and what it takes to be efficient and deliber excellent financial performance.

Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford

"Good company"

Pros

very relaxed environment, casual dress code which is a plus. Good compensation, excellent PTO program, I would suggest working here for the Hartford.

Cons

No cons really, I was let got for not listing a previous employer on my application that I had worked for. I honestly forgot about the job since it was so short. It took them about 3-4 months to complete my background check, which is when I was let go

2. "Top heavy management and massive outsourcing"

Pros

Flexible work environment. Company is on a valiant attempt to turn itself around by refocusing its business model.

Cons

Management has grown into a large matrix filled with VPs. Most of the IT work has been outsourced and lost its competitive edge. CIO leadership is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Invest in top talent and move to a agile model. Prune upper level management to get more accountability.