The Hartford - Talk a big game.. | Glassdoor

"Talk a big game.."

Current Employee - Senior Long Term Disability Analyst
Current Employee - Senior Long Term Disability Analyst

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lofty goals from senior management

Cons

translate to worker bee level, means do more with less time, more demands and do it well

Advice to Management

Pay what is fair - for as much human intervention as is needed to correctly determine claim outcomes and benefits, pay us fairly.

Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford

"The company comes first."

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flex schedules, remote work if offered, medical etc., PTO which must be taken.

Cons

Pay seems low for the industry. The company is too big to care about the individual employee. Overtime. PTO must be taken at the expense of Overtime for others.

2. "The Best Company to work for!"

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment - great people, great benefits, rewards and recognition, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Very busy in call center - could benefit from more time for daily team huddles for front line employees and time in between calls in mornings and daytime hours for both employee and customer experience. Technology - outdated and buggy internal computer programs and systems in call centers.

Advice to Management

Continue to increase promotion from within the front-line call center operations up to management and executive management level roles. Front line leaders potentially have a thorough, comprehensive understanding of our business, our customers, our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats gained from daily interaction with the marketplace. They have that close view perspective and understand what it takes for operational efficiency to happen, as well as growth and customer satisfaction. With education, front line leaders can take on higher level, broader leadership roles in upper levels of the organization using their pperspective and experience sharing data across the organization. Their promotion will inspire front line employees who will reflect their inspiration in their daily interactions with our customers as the see many others advance before them. This potentially can make The Hartford one of the top celebrated companies to work for, with innovative insights shared at high levels om the organization, and faster, more clear decision making based on understanding of our customers, businesses, and what it takes to be efficient and deliber excellent financial performance.