The Hartford - Sales, Not what was promised at all in the interview | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

"Sales, Not what was promised at all in the interview"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santee, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santee, CA

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are very nice, I must give them that. I would say that just about everyone is very nice and willing to help, however, the managers aren't always knowledgeable enough to actually help.

Cons

They promise working from home and no Saturday's after a short period, along with these huge bonuses. That is not reality. The bonuses are very poor and no one from my class has been moved remote or taken off Saturday's. We've been there over two years and it was all a big carrot to get you in there.

Advice to Management

Be honest with people in the interviews and it would save you from having to keep hiring to cover all the people leaving.

Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford

1. "Great company to work for if you are willing to work at it. I've been with the company for more than 30 years."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

HIG hires great people. Strong training and desire to be the very best.

Cons

Don't always have enough people so the hours can be long

Advice to Management

Better balance of staff numbers to the many, many, many projects across the company.

"Orwellian Obedience"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Southington, CT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Southington, CT

I have been working at The Hartford full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training, Licensing is Paid For

Cons

Everything else - Management, Development, Culture- All are a failure. I can't believe I wasted 2 years there. They lie to you when you apply saying that you can move to other departments, but the competition is so fierce that you have to spend 10 years on the phones before you get anything. The management is non-existent and you only get reviewed by the numbers. They don't care about you as a person and even complained to me because I used the bathroom too often (twice in one day) - I was told bathroom time is when I get my break not when I need to go. - true words from my manager. My boss was not available for irate customers -which there were tons of. You basically manage yourself and God forbid you ask a question of anybody. They won't answer you. Because they don't know - or don't want to say the wrong thing. Everything is wrong in this company and only getting worse, but I'm sure they will make a profit for years to come.

Advice to Management

I don't know what to say, I never met a single manager - above my boss. They just go from meeting to pointless meeting, but never ask for any feedback from employees.