The Hartford - Good compnay with poor benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Hartford

"Good compnay with poor benefits"

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Hartford, CT

Pros

Good people with a fiar amount of flexiblity

Cons

Poor benefits. Health plans are marignal - Mostemployees I know usethier spouses plans. No Vision coverage

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don;t become too fascinated with growth outside of the US

Other Employee Reviews for The Hartford

"I would NEVER recommend you work at Hartford."

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Rancho Cordova, CA

Pros

None - I would not recommend working at Hartford - unless they were the only ones hiring. They do not treat their people with respect, pay is low and management at the local level is incompetent. There is no "big picture" being expressed to the front line employees - so who knew what was going on with home office?

Cons

The local management seemed overall incompetent. It was very apparent that local senior management did not understand the needs of the employees. They did not know how to boost moral or keep good employees. I was there 5 months and in that time, over 20 employees left, I was the 21st. That is a LOT of turnover in a 60-70 person claims operation in a 5 month period. I heard that after I left, it did not get better - a lot more people have left or been "forced out." They do NOT pay competitively to the industry. WIth my experience and knowledge - they could not pay me comparable to what I was making at my prior company, due to it "not being fair" to other employees who were currently there. How do they expect to keep good talent by compromising pay? I did change companies due to personal issues that led me to Rancho Cordova, CA.

Advice to Management

Treat employees fairly. Pay them at least fair market value, it's the least an insurance carrier can do. Also treat employees with respect. In my time there, I had excellent performance. I had nothing but good feedback, however if my boss was having a bad day, she did not have a problem taking it out on me, ON THE FLOOR in front of everyone. Does that sound like respect? No. I would NEVER recommend a friend or even an acquaintance to work for Hartford. When I left, I went back to my old company who treated me with nothing but dignity and respect, and they showed it not only in responsibilities, but in pay and benefits.

"Meh."

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Santee, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Santee, CA

Pros

The time off plan is pretty decent

Cons

The better you are at the job the worse they make it for you. If you are an idiot then you get paid more and don't have to work as hard (because they don't require you to go through the next step in training). Unfortunately, I'm not an idiot.

Advice to Management

Maybe try not to hound the employees so much to meet the numbers. Based on the model you have set up, if everyone does an excellent job, far exceeding standards, then what that means is that even though I may have been exceeding in every metric I will still run the risk of getting canned, for being near the bottom of the list of others who were excellent. I dunno, the whole model you have just seems pretty stupid to me, to be quite frank.