The Harvard Drug Group - The Harvard Drug Group was a great experience for me I was able to further my knowledge and skillset for warehousing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Harvard Drug Group

"The Harvard Drug Group was a great experience for me I was able to further my knowledge and skillset for warehousing."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Pros

Flexible
Rewarding for a job well done
Great people to work with

Cons

Ability to perform in stressful situations without reinventing the wheel

Advice to Management

To be more proactive in situation than reactive and you will be able to achieve whatever goals placed before you.

Other Employee Reviews for The Harvard Drug Group

1. "Prior Employee"

I worked at The Harvard Drug Group full-time

Pros

Harvard was great to get me back on my feet in the basics of their technology and supporting it.

Cons

My experience was more toward the IT department. Moving forward into other areas was more of a challenge. Repeatedly I asked for ways to advance into other areas to grow, of which I was told were opportunities on my interview. After going over my managers head I was able to gain some experience in one small area, but I was tethered in the same support position that I wanted to break away from. After 3 years I decided it was time to move on to more open opportunities.

Advice to Management

Advance from within and don't be afraid to hire and train people into support positions. That is how companies develop longevity and loyalty within a company.

"Stay Away"

I have been working at The Harvard Drug Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tenured reps are very helpful and the only ones who know whats really going on in the market.

Cons

Management discourages anyone from speaking up about what problems are faced. Complete lack of transparency between departments, management, and reps.

Commission plan is very complex, most managers do not even understand it. You aren't even allowed to have a copy of the actual commission plan.

Management is obsessed with almost every metric other than actual sales. they would rather have a rep make 100 phones calls than make any sales. accounts are taken from existing reps and given to newly hired reps in order to prevent high turnover rate.

despite what you are told during the hiring process, there are NO advancement opportunities for sales reps.

Advice to Management

Listen to the reps!!! they're the ones on the front lines everyday and know how to make the company sell more!