The Hershey Company - Employees are not true contractors. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Hershey Company

"Employees are not true contractors."

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Hershey, PA
Former Employee - Desktop Support in Hershey, PA

I worked at The Hershey Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are not true contractors.

Cons

Employees are not true contractors. Prado.

Advice to Management

n/a

Other Employee Reviews for The Hershey Company

"A solid company to work for"

Former Employee - Retail Coordinator in Hershey, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Coordinator in Hershey, PA

I worked at The Hershey Company part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They gave you the opportunity to work hard and set reasonable goals to be accomplished, they (for the most part) respected people and treated them as individuals, they were a very successful company and nice to have on a resume, they had a fast-paced atmosphere.

Cons

Difficult to advance along with potential. Micromanaged at times -- less autonomy than I would have preferred. Pay is dictated more by experience than results.

Advice to Management

Fix those cons!

"Retail Sales Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Hershey Company part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Part time benefits, including vacation. Hours are excellent mon-thur 9-2. Management in my area is easy to work with. Days are spent in several stores to doesn't get boring.
    Bonus yearly
    Car stock and well designed materials to do our job

Cons

Hourly wages could be higher. RSM's are the life blood of this company and they mention that a lot. It would be nice to see them step up to the plate and increase hourly wages.
    Can be a lot of driving depending on your territory but mileage is pretty fairly reimbursed.
    You have to store a lot of product and material in your home. Hershey isn't very "green", they send out a lot of paper type items we either don't use, didn't ask for or send too many.
    Expectation for call time is not very realistic for what they want to happen each time.
    Need to technology, REX is old and challenging to work with. We should be much more tech savvy like iPads.

Advice to Management

Please find a way for better communication of what an RSM needs to do their job successfully and what items your sending their way are not being used. I recycle so much of what I am sent. Ask them or let them order it themselves.
    Giving us a phone allowance like the RSR's get, we do use and pay for our personal cell phones. There is not way around it.
    More timely communication around importan issues, especially with things like P2 and P3 or other larger volume promotions