The Hershey Company - (Intern) Stagnant Opportunites / Management Issues | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Hershey Company

"(Intern) Stagnant Opportunites / Management Issues"

Current Intern - Engineer Co-Op in Hershey, PA
Current Intern - Engineer Co-Op in Hershey, PA

I have been working at The Hershey Company as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Salary
New Facility - Equipment Constantly being upgraded
Friendly Co-workers
Team Resources

Cons

Management Commitment and Knowledge (Mostly Veteran Hires w/o Experience)
Employment Opportunities - HR Disconnect from Plant
Corporate Disconnect from Plant
Stress - Demanding Environment
Excessive Mandatory Overtime
Future Outlook - Inevitable Buyout (The way it's going)

Advice to Management

Try to connect those working on 'the hill' to those working in the plant. A lot of excessive project money is thrown around without actually knowing where it is going.

Seems like Hershey lost touch of what it originally set out to be. After this recent expansion, many of the employees feel that the company will not exsist in 50 years. Poorly designed 'Next Century Project'. J.P. made his career selling water so you get the sense of where Hershey is going..

Other Employee Reviews for The Hershey Company

"This is NOT The Sweetest Place on Earth"

Current Employee - Manager in Hershey, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Hershey, PA

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It looks good on your resume if you can stay employed long enough. Senior Management don't know anything about the work they are managing so they run through employees every few months. One position has had eight people in it the last five years! It's so upsetting to see these men demeaned like this. It's upsetting to those of us they make play along.

Cons

Too many to mention
    1) During the lengthy and disorganized hiring process they offer you a job that doesn't exist. I moved here for a job that I never got to do. I was relegated to jobs that were years beneath me or areas of expertise I have never seen, then put on a "Plan", I got sick and they fired me.
    2) When they are done with you, you are a nothing to them. They don't care about your life or how much damage they have done to it.
    3) Its all about protecting the Directors who are incompetent

Advice to Management

Its not wonder there are class action suits against you. If Mr. Hershey were alive today, I just can't imagine how disgusted he would be with your performance and lack of humanity. Child labor? Really? Was that Mr. Hershey's vision. The way you treat people that have entrusted their lives to you is so egregious you should be ashamed. Oh and you hatred for While Males over 50...why even interview them. Or do you just enjoy making their life a living hell and firing them?

"Loved working with my accounts but not with management"

Former Employee - RSR in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - RSR in Denver, CO

I worked at The Hershey Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and company car. Enjoyed working with most of my accounts. All the candy you could ever want.

Cons

Continual changing of direction and culture. Major issues from entire team with DM with very little response from upper management. Very high turnover in the district and low morale didn't prompt change; however, numbers finally grabbed the attention of the office and that prompted change. Too little, too late. Many quality representatives had already either left the company or were fired for various bogus reasons.

Advice to Management

Work on developing a positive corporate culture because the one that exists just stinks. The field sales team is an integral part of the organization and morale just keeps getting lower and lower. Something must be done to turn this around.