The Hershey Company - Bitter-sweet | Glassdoor

"Bitter-sweet"

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. Every employee that I have come in contact with from day 1 of the interview process has just been incredible. The people at this company have a passion for their work like I have never seen before. And there's also a sense of humility no matter how high you go up the corporate ladder. Senior leaders of this company have been in your shoes, and it's clear that they never let themselves forget it. They constantly want what is best for you and your career's advancement. It's also cool to tell people you work for Hershey's, which never fails to light up that big kid inside of them.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. High expectations are a good thing, but the pressure that comes with the number of things management places on your to-do list often leaves little time for a life outside of work.

Training. I was hired into the company during a management transition, and was trained by a non-management employee, who soon left the company. By the time the new manager transitioned into his role, I was 2 months into the job, wondering what I should really be doing day to day. Their idea of training is basically get out there and sink or swim.

Advice to Management

Remember to never lose sight of the fact that your employees need to have a life outside of Hershey's.

Other Employee Reviews for The Hershey Company

1. "change without clear direction"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Hershey, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Hershey, PA

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

large local company with ok reputation

Cons

weak leadership without clear direction, do not promot from within

Advice to Management

promot from within

"Overall a positive experience at the company."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at The Hershey Company full-time

Pros

Great benefits and Company car use as well as great amount of vacation. Great group of people to work with as well and a positive caring environment.

Cons

Always on the road as a retail sales rep over 300 miles per week. More of a merchandiser than a sales role. Also, work a lot of hours. Not a 40 hour work- week job.

Advice to Management

Company values are great. Little emphasis on cross-functional training. Management tends to look for their cookie cutter mold to advance is a very traditional company.