KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company for marketing career development, but outdated stance on remote work holding it back

Apr 21, 2022 - Senior Associate Brand Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people, culture and values - Emphasis on general management and business ownership within the marketing org - Cool projects, iconic brands and big budgets - Talented and committed cross-functional partners - Category leader with a strong performance track record, especially since 2019

Cons

- Low compensation vs other top tier CPG companies. Bonus immaterial until manager pay grade and no stock options until much more senior levels. Didn't even attempt to match inflation with 2022 cost of living adjustment. - Isolating location for single people and those without nearby family - Outdated stance on remote work within marketing (you're required to live near Hershey) despite the company operating fully remotely for two years during the pandemic. However, flex work is an improvement vs pre-COVID - Location is a major impediment for attracting and retaining diverse talent. Significant DE&I efforts have taken place, but real change won't happen until the talent pool is broadened via remote work - Great early career exposure and training, but advancement path narrows quickly past manager level due to smaller org size

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 3, 2022 - Territory Sales Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, opportunity for growth, good company culture

Cons

Long hours, can be labor intensive

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Aug 6, 2022 - Supply Planner in Hershey, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity for career advancement

Cons

Low participation in office events

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Hershey Company.

The Hershey Company Photos

+ Add Photo
The Hershey Company photo of: BarkThins Airstream Team
The Hershey Company photo of: We're excited for our future and passionate about our work
The Hershey Company photo of: We work in amazing places and vibrant spaces
The Hershey Company photo of: We represent some of the world's most exciting brands
The Hershey Company photo of: Bringing goodness to the world
The Hershey Company photo of: We're looking for remarkable people driven to succeed
The Hershey Company photo of: The Hershey Company is a great place to start your career, and there are a variety of internship, co-op and entry level opportunities where you can join our team.