The Home Depot - It's a good place to work as long as you are not too emotional | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"It's a good place to work as long as you are not too emotional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros

it's a great place to work as long as you don't mind working shifts between 6 am to 11 pm, u get 2 days off ,supervisor's pay starts at $ 18/hr

Cons

Its a big retail store ...so you have too many managers above you and there are lot of expectations , you want to get lot done but there are associates from all different culture, background as well as grasping level sometimes can be a little stressful when u cannot get things done as per expectations

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "I liked my job because I like to work with the public, but I always felt very underappreciated."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

If you like working with the public, you will enjoy this job. The benefits are about average, but the company contributes nothing for the health, vision, or medical insurance. They do, however, negotiate to get a decent group rate. Most customers are nice to work with. I found the vision insurance to be very nice. If you are a likable people person, you can go far in this company.

Cons

Like everywhere else, hard work and dedication will get you no-where unless management likes you on a PERSONAL level. No matter how hard I worked, they always asked, "Why didn't you do more?". Most associates start out around $9.00 per hour, as far as I could tell. I started out at $12.00 per hour only because I had proved myself valuable through a Temporary agency, and was firm about my starting wage.
    Six years later, I was earning only $1.70 more. I believe management is pressured (indirectly of course) from the very top down the chain to give mediocre reviews and minimal recognition in order to keep wages low.
    When you, as a job seeker, state on your application, the MINIMUM wage for which you are willing to accept, you should expect nothing more but perhaps a little pressure to accept less.
    Don't get me wrong! I believe Home Depot is a fine company to work for, but they are just like all service sector companies; it's all political! If you're not a people person, you will not last very long.

2. "Great in the past but not a good environment now."

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Associate

Pros

Serving others and the ability to be away from a cubicle.

Cons

It has become bureacratic and political and the workload is extremely high and ethics are poor.

Advice to Management

Go back to the way it was when I started, before Nardelli. and Blake.