The Home Depot - nothing | Glassdoor

"nothing"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that helps out it associates in need. Really easy to advance if you are ambitious and follow the program.

Cons

Long hours are really the only downside, most often 50-60 hours a week. Nothing really else to elaborate on, its a job.

Advice to Management

Really nothing to eleaborate on

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "The real answer"

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In a very tough economy, adults have to get jobs of any kind to meet their responsibilities. This fact has not escaped the managers. They treat all those beneath them as idiots and losers. Because they know that they can get away with such actions with so many of us tied to our jobs due to a poor economy. There is also no worse place where you will see the blame game going on as each and every manager points to some anonymous person above them foe any negative.

Cons

The pay is terribly low. There is absolutely no respect given to any person below the A.S.M. level. Get a pat on the back on a Monday and completely Tossed under the bus by Tuesday. Ther V.P.s have no concept of of the show put on for them to make the lower mgmt. levels look good.

Advice to Management

Make your "Walks" without prior notice. When things are scheduled, the stores spend two days doing nothing but hiding the bad from eyesight. IT IS A TOTAL FACADE.

2. "Mixed Bag"

Current Employee - Appliance Associate, Cashier, Kitchen and Bath in Fayetteville, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have excellent opportunities to move up and recieve better benefits and pay as I do. They require dilligence and drive in order to advance and have the highest standards for employees and service, espcially at my store. Employees who have been with the company for 3 months are eligible for success sharing twice a year. These bonus checks are however based on partime/fulltime status, pay and store's success.

Cons

Of course Home Depot opporates on a very large scale. Much larger than a non employee can possibly imagine. Because it is a Corporation that operates in a capitalist society they put money first. Nothing unusual. this is how businesses make money and grow. The upside is that growth creates more jobs. However, advantages are taken. In order to maximize profits, a large protion of employees are Part-Time only. This means that they are guaranteed no hours. They recieve the lowest pay and benefits. There hours can be cut if a sotre's sales plan is not being met. these employees are required to have complete open availability is they want to work at all. this means that employees live to work around work schedules in order to work at all. Al of this usually at below as living wage. Full time associates get 40 hours consistently, however, wages have been lowered year after year due to the economy as have benefits. Home Depot use to be an amazing company when it came to taking care of its associates. The upper management still believes that they do. But remember, they receive bi-anual bonuses, don't make below living wages with no guaranteed hours. They tend to bleed orange and are blind to the struggle that most emploers experience trying to get by on their pay. Families who have child care expences have to pay more than most because of the hours they work. They can be required to work as early as 5 AM and as late as 11PM. I am hoping that I can make a home here and move up fairly quickly
    but have already learned that I will always earn much more than I will be paid for.

Advice to Management

Consider the above cons. Open your eyes to the reality of your employees lives with regard to the hours and pay they receive.