The Home Depot - Lead generator | Glassdoor
  1. "Lead generator"

Current Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Other employees are wonderful to work with. Management is great. Wage is reasonable plus commission. I make my own hours it's like my own business.

Cons

In the summer in my area the stores are hot! No air conditioning. Only swamp coolers.

Advice to Management

air-conditioning

The Home Depot2017-08-02
  1. "Sales Associate Garden"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Covina, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Work Hours, paid time off.

Cons

People get upset when it cost more than $10 to fix something sometimes. If you want to fix it correctly, it will take a little more time as well.

The Home Depot2019-09-22

"My time at the Depot"

Former Employee - Cashier in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Kept busy, got to move around to different registers around the store

Cons

The management does not care about their employees. I was at the top level for cashiers and I was liked by all my customers because of the attention to detail I would bring with me. But that didn’t matter to upper management, when I went through a brief period of depression and anxiety because of a divorce that I was going through, I started being five or ten minutes late for work. I know it looked bad on me but it... was a struggle to get out of bed and be productive. Even though I would be late from time to time I would always stay later to make up for lost time and I never let my customers know how depressed I was. I was always on my A game. They never asked if I needed some help or anything like that, they only said that I was fired for being late. And they did this at the end of my shift that I stayed over for to cover the front end since my replacement called out. I think that was the worst part about them letting me go, they made sure that they got everything out of me before they let me go.

Advice to Management

Have some empathy people!! I know it’s a job but they sit there and preach about how we are family as well, a pretty messed up family if you ask me

The Home Depot2019-09-11

Discover more reviews about The Home Depot.