The Home Depot - Recieving/Gaden Sales Associate | Glassdoor
  1. "Recieving/Gaden Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Receiving/Garden Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-average pay -customers arn't snobby -good way to learn how to fix things in your own home

Cons

-depending on the position the hours can be random or steady -no in store discount

The Home Depot2017-09-22
  1. "Good for a full time college student"

Current Employee - Freight Team Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Since I go to college full time I am still able to work there two days a week. If I ever want to earn more hours I can show up on my off days and there usually is something for me to do. Coworkers are good people to be around so it makes the work environment more pleasant.

Cons

There are days where we would receive a truck with a lot of freight and there would be only four guys to unload the truck so that can last a few hours. There aren't enough people on the freight team to effectively offload the truck on certain days.

Advice to Management

Allow freight workers to cover each other's shifts for days when there aren't enough people to help with a large truck. Increase the pay to draw more people in as the job is laborous and at my store at least, there aren't enough people to effectively deal with the amount of freight we receive on high volume days.

The Home Depot2019-05-19

"Things to Know"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hickory, NC

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Never a dull day at THD Engage with various customers THD often grill for customers and employees Great Training Programs/Videos

Cons

Sometimes there are not enough employees scheduled to work. Not everyone likes to carry their load Difficult work/life balance

Advice to Management

Those who are selected for management positions should demonstrate core values and be professional at all times.

The Home Depot2019-05-14

Discover more reviews about The Home Depot.