The Home Depot - Customer Service Rep | Glassdoor

"Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have excellent health benefits including dental, medical, 401 k and tuition reimbursement. Many opportunities to move up and grow. Once you are in their system you have more opportunity to move to another department. They also have opportunities to cross train. Manager's will take the time to listen you and allow you to input anything issues you have good or bad. Great system. They treat their employees very well. The starting pay is pretty decent. Sometimes they'll have offsite social events like a christmas party. They also do an annual bonus. You can be yourself, laugh and joke around but be professional at the same time. Very relaxed atmosphere. Somtimes they have onsite events like a bbq. Another benefit is that you can wear shorts; casual dress code.

Cons

Sometimes the hours sucked. Because this is retail you could get stuck working the closing shift (9 pm or 10 pm). Again because this is retail you might get stuck working weekends. Another con about your shift is that you have to work holidays (yes including Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve- I believe they are closed on Christmas.) In the stores you will be on your feet all day! Sometimes customers can be rude but you get that at any retail place.

Advice to Management

NONE

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Three Years as a Consultant at THD"

Former Contractor - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

A handful of very capable people.
    Liberal telecommuting policy

Cons

More interested in doing things the cheapest way rather than the best way.
    Too much red tape

Advice to Management

Bite the bullet and pay what it costs to get premium talent instead of trying to find the cheapest off-shore IT shop.

2. "Given huge responsibility with great support."

Former Intern - Quality Assurance Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Quality Assurance Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern I was given incredible responsibility managing my own project. My team and my manager were incredibly helpful, answering my endless stream of questoins.

We had townhall meetings with company executives every other week. For example, we had a chance to listen and talk to the CEO, CIO, CMO, and even Bernie Marcus the founder of the The Home Depot himself.

The culture is incredibly strong at The Home Depot and everything that the company does really is focused around providing customers the best value

Cons

No complains. I had a fantastic experience.

Advice to Management

No Adivice. Great job!