The Home Depot - I worked here during college, and they were very flexible with my student schedule. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"I worked here during college, and they were very flexible with my student schedule."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lawrence, KS
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lawrence, KS

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling for college students, good training, good opportunities to move up.

Cons

Working on weekends was usually required.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "A Yes man store manager ruins a great career"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Opelika, AL
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Opelika, AL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home Depot invests time and money to train its managers and after working in retail management for 10 + years. Home Depot had the BEST management training, hands down. They foster an entrepreneurial spirit in their associates and give their management room to soar.

Cons

Home Depot piles work onto a few dependable associates and works them until they can no longer. If you work in garden expect no help from the rest of the store associates. No lighting in straw trailers or outside shining in, Pitch Black, however associates are expected to load pinestraw at all open business hours. The trailers have holes in the floors and I always feared they were a home to snakes. During summer months the lumber and garden, mainly garden carry the profitablity of the store, however payroll hours are not consistent with sales volume. They expect you to do it alone and to do it all.

Advice to Management

When you say yes mean it. When you say no mean it! When you make a decision stand behind it. When a store manager says yes to everything it makes nothing he says mean anything.

2. "Quality work experience within a structured demanding positive atmosphere"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent pay includes stock grants (vested over 4 years), ESPP allows a 15% stock discount twice a year. 401K excellent.

Cons

Vacation time is below standard

Advice to Management

Excellent Job in putting and pushing customer first