The Home Depot - MET Associate | Glassdoor

"MET Associate"

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate in Conroe, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Same schedule every day -5 days a week, every week (40 hours) -Major holidays off -Various bonuses (success sharing, tax bonus, disaster relief, Homer awards) -Obligated to the vendors over the customers. -Discounts available on car insurance, pet insurance, eye care, restaurants, etc. -Homer Fund provides for employees and families in desperate need of assistance. -Homer Awards offer tiered rewards for hard work. -Ambition and hard work is rewarded. -Employee stock purchase plan offers 15% discount on stocks, and HD stocks have historically been an excellent investment. -Mostly work indoors

Cons

-No employee discount at Home Depot -Day shift starts at 6am. Night team works over night. 6am-2:30pm and 9pm-7am respectively. (But you belong to only one of these teams.) -All work is timed and management pressures for both quality and quantity. -Only 4 hours of sick time per month -Shift covering/switching doesn't exist due to everyone having the same schedule. -You will be walking on concrete all day.

The Home Depot2018-04-27
  1. "Great Work Environment"

Former Employee - Tool Rental Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working at Home Depot. Most of the customers you deal with are contractors and they usually are knowledgeable about their work and necessary tools. The company really cares about the employees and you can review great benefits.

Cons

No major downside. Management is good and customers are not that hard to deal with. My only issue was with the truck rental center with Penske.. the system needs update for effective work.

The Home Depot2020-01-16
  2. "Good company that emphasizes leader development"

Current Employee - Compressor Technician in Covina, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity for advancement. Pay is decent for retail. Good team atmosphere. Strong focus on diversity.

Cons

As a customer service company, a lot of time is spent on the sales floor and little time to do department leader responsibilities. The focus on customer service is what drew me to the company and I like their focus.

Advice to Management

There are lots of leadership development resources. Lots. But there is hardly any time to utilize them. They are not available outside the store intranet and you cannot come in off-hours to utilize them.

The Home Depot2020-01-17

Discover more reviews about The Home Depot.