The Home Depot - My working experience at Home Depot was basically positive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"My working experience at Home Depot was basically positive."

Current Employee - Sales Associate Hardware, Lumber & Contract Sales in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will receive a variety of tasks. You will encounter all kinds of customers. You can gain immense product knowledge & share a multitude of learning experiences. I like the way Home Depot attempts to run their business. The plan is very good but sometimes execution can get in the way. I learned bunches from this company. The support i received from associates was incredible.

Cons

The only downside i have is that I have failed to advance in my career. I have been employed there 6 months. I have 30 + years of retail & supervisory experience. My store mgr & asm keep saying in the Sunday meetings'" we are a great place to have career advancement, you can grow as much as you want" . Well,I applied for full time work after 2 months--no luck. I applied for career development with management training questionaire with my store mgr and human resources...no reply... FWIW... i achieved 4 homer awards and a bronze award in 5 1/2 monthes

Advice to Management

I like your approach to the customer. Your benefit package is well considering the diversity of your workforce & this challenging economy. I will miss working working at 0813. Thank you for the opportunities to gain more personal & professional development.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Great Employer"

Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, ability for career growth into several areas.

Cons

High turnover due to too much work and unrealistic job expectations.

Advice to Management

More training and career advancement opportunities

2. "It was a learning experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Reston, VA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited computer access to gain knowledge of store goods, services, heavy machine licenses.

Cons

Associates are not heard enough in departments, hence it is like a dictatorship environment

Advice to Management

Coach associates to make them better professionals