The Home Depot - I have found my career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"I have found my career"

Current Employee - Specialist in Glendora, CA
Current Employee - Specialist in Glendora, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very supportive co-workers and management, you can advance if you set your mind to it.

Home Depot closes 100% of Thanksgiving Day and does not open until regular hours on black friday, HD has wonderful Christmas parties for it's employees (closing early so employess can go home and get dressed up for the party) and closes early Christmas Eve and is closed 100% of Christmas day AND closes early on New Year's eve and opens later on New Year's day so employees can enjoy time with family.

My dental and vision insurance is better than my husbands and he has been at his job for 26 years.

Cons

I wish the money was a little bit better.

Advice to Management

Try to figure out ways to increase pay.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Career Job"

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

None in the early years, now just the basic expected major corporation BUREAUCRACY!

Advice to Management

The company is still about people!

2. "A Company that doesn't really care..."

Former Employee - Service Desk Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Service Desk Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a cool place I work I guess. I've met some great people and the store management is pretty awesome.

Cons

THD does a great job of brainwashing employees into thinking that the company truly cares for them. We get "success sharing" checks if our store does well but in stores that make nearly $45 million in a year, we get a whole $300 extra in our paychecks because we "EARNED IT!" The benefits are non-existent...Health insurance is super expensive (half of my already measly paycheck, there are NO EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS, policies allow customers to treat staff like we're second class, and the pay is AWFUL! Too many to list. I give 3 stars because I love the people I work with and I like my job but ultimately, the company knows that people will gladly work for minimum wage since they don't have any other options. Thank God I do...so I'm outta here!

Advice to Management

For a company that has reported revenues of about $70 BILLION, you should invest more in your employees...better pay, better benefits would go a long way.