The Home Depot - Department Head | Glassdoor

"Department Head"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Mission Viejo, CA
Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours, and easy work

Cons

Rotating Managers, and constant micromanagement

Advice to Management

Find someone good and keep them.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Awesome people to work with, not so awesome people to work for."

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. Great fellow co-workers to be around as long as you can block out the few that try to make things miserable. Seems like the top end execs truly do care for their employees. Customers can be really interesting to interact with.

Cons

There seems to be a disconnect between the knowledge of an associate in comparison to the knowledge of the managers that are hired/promoted. Seems like the less you know, the better chance you have to be promoted/hired.

2. "Great at first"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Athens, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like customer service, I like dealing with people and empowering them to take on a project. This is encouraged. I'm also good at merchandising, and the first few years I worked there I was able to come up with ideas to highlight projects.

Cons

As the years went, service shifted from the DIY spirit,...to lets do it for you and sign you up for a credit card in the process.
    Also the merchandising went all cooperate, everything was planogrammed, which lacks the finess to each market. Also...just not creative.

I was there for years,...had grade O for outstanding reviews every time, and would walk away at raise time with the minium. Always with an excuse that the store was cutting payroll. ....Eventually I went to HR and asked what my pay scale was just curious, ....and for my experience and reviews....I was getting paid 4 dollars an hour under where I should have been, ...-----??HR never pointed this out before?? Isnt that there job???? I had no idea to expect anything wrong,....but they acted aghast when they looked at my reviews and my rate.- so I gave them 4 months to fix it. --thats when my review was coming up anyway, so I just continued being awesome at my job, and waited. ..--Now I didnt expect them to be able to bump me up to where I was "projected to be".....but I did expect them to show some face, and do something for me. ....so....another O review,...and a 5 cent raise.....
    I stood up and took off that orange apron and handed it to the manager and walked out.
    Felt great,