The Home Depot - Best job I've ever had! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hanover, PA
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Hanover, PA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours worked were awesome. The pay was excellent for Part-time, well above min. wage! Working with a small team as a MEA was wonderful.

Cons

Not allowing college kids to be employed while in school. Everyone loved me at my Home Depot but because of company policy I was not allowed to keep my job when I had to go back to college.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your store employees! They are the troops on the ground!

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Plenty of room for increased knowledge and advancedment"

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Louisville, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive attitudes from coworkers and management

Cons

Customers can be difficult to work with some times

"Absolute worst civilian job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Merchandise Execution Associate in New Rochelle, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Execution Associate in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was on the MET (Merchandise Execution Team), so I had very steady hours, and a full 40 per week. Those hours are 5 am to 1:30pm (in some places, 6am to 3pm with an hour lunch) with a half hour lunch, Monday through Friday with weekends off. This is good and steady, but one of the main reasons this is such a pro is because you will need the time after work to schedule interviews to find a new job ASAP.

Cons

All management, and most supervisors, are completely incompetent and utterly ruthless. You are treated like a diaper, to be used and thrown away. It is very "clicky", in the sense that if you are in the right group of folks, you will do well, if not (and 75% of associates are in this latter category) then you will have a rough time there. You are constantly threatened and degraded, the pay is bad and the raises are pathetic (20 cents a year, if that). They over-work you and treat you like a child. In short, I really can't say enough negative things about home depot. I quit the moment I found a new job. If you must work here 9or already do) just play the game, try your best to stay off the radar, and spend at least an hour a day applying to jobs. Get out as soon as you can, don't let them steamroll you out when they want to change the blood.

Advice to Management

Management at Home Depot is absolutely the worst aspect, disrespect towards employees and customers, underhanded childish and ruthless tactics. Management, including executives, need to be completely replaced. The reason it is impossible to find help is because management antagonizes and destroys its own workforce. This is bad for the employees and the customers. Less ruthlessness, less childishness, less stupidity and incompetence. Hire intelligent folks who know how to deal with people and MOTIVATE a task force, not disciplinarians who can't string enough words together to write down a sentence. Enough said.