The Home Depot - New rules limit part-time employees to 29 hours per week. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"New rules limit part-time employees to 29 hours per week."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockford, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rockford, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's good for their shareholders bottom line. Less wages equals more on the top.

Cons

I love my job and was enjoying working as many hours as were available. I have been training for other departments so I could "float" over when my department didn't have extra hours to give. That is now over. Seasonal hiring has begun again so they just add lots of part timers. It is easier to limit us to 29 hours when there are many.

Advice to Management

I am certain that they have weighed the pros and cons of this new rule. From their standpoint it is probably a win-win solution. There will always be someone looking for part time to fill the spots.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Great Company, Poor Management."

Former Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Millwork Sales Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New employee training is pretty good...but continued advanced training is a little lacking. A wide range of products sold and are top quality in the industry. Ability to advance is great along with ability to move to different departments and continue to learn so long as an employee makes the effort.

Cons

Back when I started working for this company, Arther Blank and Bernard Marcus were still in charge and believed in a profound dedication to employee and customer service. Happy employees made for great customer service. Employee incentives and department expertise are widely lacking. Unbalanced Work/Life.

Advice to Management

Provide the skills and tools necessary for new and veteran employees to provide great customer service and then recognize and reward them through incentive and praise.

"I have had a good experience with them and there is opportunity for advancement"

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Aurora, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HD gives back to the community and also gives bonuses to employees. HD also recognizes people doing a good job.

Cons

employees not coming to work makes it sometimes difficult to give good customer service. Not knowing a pay scale is difficult, when one employee doing same job makes different amount than other performing the same job.

Advice to Management

better communication