The Home Depot - Good Place to work | Glassdoor

"Good Place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get alot of experience working with people who have all sorts of different knowledge.
Also good benefits, easy work.

Cons

Lots of workplace drama. Upper management always wants customers first, while lower management needs you to keep your department clean, uncluttered, and organized. It turns it into a battle.

Advice to Management

get on the same page

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "I felt like I had been lied to big time."

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few good learning opportunites regarding the department you work in, such as the Paint Dept or Lumber, or Flooring, etc.

Cons

Low pay, expensive and crappy benefits, low morale, and low emlpoyee appreciation. Horrible holiday party. Apparently, the company used to be great years ago, but ownership changed, and the company went downhill from there. However, the orientation still portrayed the old company and I was actually very excited to start working there. Unfortunantely, I quickly learned that I had been lied to and the company the I was told about no longer existed. I left a few years ago and I am not sure if it has improved since then, but it was pretty bad.

2. "Great place if you enjoy bowing and scrapping"

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Pay
    Incentives
    It says at least 5 words but theres nothing else good about working here.

Cons

Word to the wise if you want to be employed without all the hostility, want promotions or just be trained properly kiss major ass. Or just be friends with the right people, otherwise they will just never back you on anything.

Advice to Management

If they provided up to date proper training rather than plopping in front a computer for 2 weeks you would get better associates on the floor. Cant believe how many times I was told by coaches thats stupid, dont listen to that. Even a manger said its outdated an told me to do it another way but did he admit that when question by a someone else never.