The Home Depot - Love working at the Home Depot | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Love working at the Home Depot"

Current Employee - Cashier in Tooele, UT
Current Employee - Cashier in Tooele, UT

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and great people.

Cons

None that I can think of. Sometimes too much drama

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Job was benefiting"

Former Employee - Inventory Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Management in Austin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours work environment and coworkers .schedule was set for my position which was inventory Managment. Work environment was friendly.

Cons

My position was only allowed 23 hours a week but I was granted more hours in another department on the weekends.also I didn't like the fact that their were to many chiefs and not enough Indians from time to time.

2. "Bittersweet career because there is NO way for person with high cust service skills or self driven to succeed"

Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great culture, great goals, great sales, great recognition, no financial problems, great selling ideas

Cons

see below for a description of specifics making this a very difficult company to work for

Advice to Management

Realize the great ideas you have in Atlanta are NOT happening in the stores, only on the days when district management knows you're visiting. Hours have been cut so drastically at the stores that NOTHING extra can be done , let alone good customer service. Myself as a person who strives always to make a happy customer, I go home each and every day totally exhausted from taking on special tasks and projects for customers above and byond my ability to accomplish in 40hrs. This is because the customer KNOWS what Home Depot has promised (best customer service in world) so they will go from associate to associate until they find one who will do what they want. Problem is, that same willing associate is helping more than his share of in-store customers, and these special order or design projects just end up piles of paper waiting for the associate to get an hour to work on them. This never happens, and a dedicated associate goes home feeling like he has failed and piles of work awaiting him each and every day. There still should be Phone Sale Associates and Government dedicated associated who are out of eyesight so these kinds of customers can get the quality help they need. In reality, many many $$ are going elsewhere because nobody has the time to help them.