The Home Depot - Good Company, Care about the employees, good benifits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Good Company, Care about the employees, good benifits"

Former Employee - Garden Center Associate
Former Employee - Garden Center Associate

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potential for advancement, flexible scheduling, Involved in the community. National job opportunities. Good Benefits.

Cons

Involves working holidays and weekends

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Good"

Former Employee - BIA
    Former Employee - BIA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers were nice and so were most of the associates.Manager allowed my schedule to change so I could attend school. Ability to advance if you work hard.

Cons

Pay could be better. Corporate gave us more tasks to do throughout the week so it made it harder to complete the tasks we HAD to complete every week. Some associate's would not do some tasks they should so it made others job more difficult.

Advice to Management

Make sure that necessary changes are made.

2. "Core values of company skewed toward stockholders."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The associates are almost all very supportive of one another and friendly and helpful to the customers, contributing to the success of the company. The opportunities to learn are excellent. This is a very strong company with opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

Upper management seems to make the continued stellar growth of the stock the sole priority even though it is only one of many supposedly equal priorities. The limited number of full time positions available in the retail stores is discouraging to the employees and causes a great deal of experienced associates to leave for other positions. The cut back in the number of hours allowed to part time associates this year is further discouraging to associates and is causing hardship for many. Cutting hours during the week due to poor sales is causing even further hardship for associates and causing customers to have difficulty finding associates to assist them. On one recent evening, we had two sales associates attempting to assist customers in the entire store.

Advice to Management

Take care of your associates so they can take care of the customers so real stockholder value can increase. If a customer cannot find a product or cannot obtain advice from a seasoned, knowledgable associate, the customer will not buy anything and will go elsewhere looking for assistance. I have seen a lot of customers walking away empty-handed recently after waiting for extended periods for assistance or after not getting the answers they need because the available associates don't have the experience or knowledge needed. Sometimes the bottom line needs to be a little smaller for a while to continue to offer the same level of service and value to our customers. The values are equal. "Taking care of our people" = "Excellent customer service" = "Creating stockholder value" = "Respect for all people". It's harder to do the last three if you don't do the first one.