The Home Depot - So...far...so....good.....We'll se. | Glassdoor

"So...far...so....good.....We'll se."

Current Employee - Cashier in Poplar Bluff, MO
Current Employee - Cashier in Poplar Bluff, MO

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hiring process was relatively easy compared to what I have heard on the street.

Cons

They want you to jump right in and commit to a job without letting you get your feet wet first. Not sure if I refuse how that will affect my future there. Almost feel obligated to take the position so I don't mess myself up later.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "It Is Just a Job"

Current Employee - Bay Integrity Associate in Ludington, MI
    Current Employee - Bay Integrity Associate in Ludington, MI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are all very nice except the managers. There are two managers specifically that will go out of their way to be mean to associates.

Cons

There are a few managers that are power hungry and love writing people up just to make their associates feel like crap about themselves.

Advice to Management

Quit focusing on just the numbers instead of your associates. If you treated your associates better, your numbers would go up faster.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do give part time associates benefits. Very very costly and not really affordable.

Cons

Pay is very low and they pay no commissions to sales associates. They do give profits sharing bonuses but its crumbs and borderline an insult. Management are all micro managers and they intend to hold your hand. Lots of heavy lifting and standing on hard surfaces. Long hours but poor pay. The Managers and above seem to have the better deal but they work so much they might as well live in the store. Most associates work 6 years before offered full time. The job is a modern day form of slavery and very very exploitative.

Advice to Management

Please find a way to pay more and give sales associates commission. This job would be much better if they had a union. So unionize would be a great way to turn things around. Full time should be much easier to obtain.