The Home Depot - Great Seriously had fun, Like a family" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Great Seriously had fun, Like a family""

Former Employee - Cashier in Albany, NY
Former Employee - Cashier in Albany, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They take care of their employees. The benefits, bonuses and the overall environment. I was promoted twice in 7months. I started parttime as a regular cashier ended as a full time pro cashier. Everyone works together as a team yet you still have enough freedom to control where you go in the business, its great. I looked forward to seeing the people i worked with everyday as well as the customers. Home depot makes it so that there should be no way possible the customer is unhappy, so there is really no fall back on cashiers unless you or the customer are determined to be miserable that day =).

Cons

Not really much of a downside compared to our average retail business.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Have held various positions as department supervisor"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Griffin, GA
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Griffin, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good atmosphere to work in. Fun most of the time. Meet a lot of interesting people, both co workers and customers. Benefits are decent and the company takes care of there own pretty well. As a supervisor you get the opportunity to run your business and manage anywhere from 3 to 10 people depending on how many departments you have.

Cons

Biggest complaint we have are the hours and pay. As a DS you'required to have open availability which means you could be scheduled as early as 4 or 5 in the morning andwork as late as midnight. Don't take the job for money, take the job as a means to get to the next level (ASM). Sometimes management has unreasonable expectations, probably because their bosses are putting unreasonable expectations on them.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your DS's. We're the ones that make things happen.

2. "Learned a great deal and great place to work."

Former Employee - Night Operations Assistant Store Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many of the associates and management staff are friendly.

Cons

To much drama at the store level. Many of the high level Exec. Management staff are the cause of the store problems, even when a store is doing well financially. Better but, lack of consistence from higher level management staff from store-to-store.

Advice to Management

Be consistence in all things from new associates to higher level management staff. Be a roll model.

Example: management staff is scheduled in to open the store at 4:00 am, but don't make the effort to arrive to work on time and make hourly associates wait 30 minutes to an hour or more to get in to the building, Also, ensure everyone is out of the building when closing (both have happen too many times in the building I worked at on nights I was not their).