The Home Depot - Able to grow through the ranks | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Able to grow through the ranks"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sky is the limit - Plenty of possibilities.

Cons

Don't expect to get large pay increases as you grow

Advice to Management

Reward current associates as you external prospects.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Working hard, getting nowhere."

Former Employee - Special Services Associate in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Special Services Associate in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great interaction with all types of people, some flexibility in scheduling

Cons

Promotions and career advancement extremely hard to come by, constant shifts in middle and upper management

Advice to Management

Do more to stand by your employees.

2. "The Employees - *They* are "The Power of The Home Depot"!"

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

I work with some really great people!! (Always a plus - when you can work with people and really feel like you're a part of the team!)

Some of these people put their hearts, blood, sweat, and tears into what they do - and it's obvious by their amount of dedication to this company, that they really care about their job and the customers they try to help on a day-to-day basis. (In my opinion, a lot of these hard-working people are being painfully underpaid for the job they do, and for all of the hard work and effort they put in. But alas, isn't that the case most everywhere you go these days?)

Cons

Some of the cons would be that this companyt has some members in management that probably should have a bit more experience and a bit more training - (to fully understand and appreciate their roles) - before they're placed into those highly-demanding positions. (I feel that a few of these people are far too young and far too little experience to comprehend what a good manager/supervisor is all about.)

I was also shorted 4 hours on my last paycheck. (This was not an accident - as I found out that a few other employees I know were also shorted on their paychecks as well.) I know and completely understand that things are tough in this country and in this economy - but shorting your employees on the hours they worked, and not explaining and/or apologizing for shorting them, does not make the company look professional or honest.

Advice to Management

I'm not trying to be cruel by saying this, but I just want to be honest - please remove the few unprofessional people out of management. (i.e. - Namely those who do not treat others with respect and those who do not understand the *key concept* of being a team-player.)

Also, please try to do better to ensure that the hours your employees work do not go "over budget" - so that you do not have to intentionally/purprosefully short your employees on their paychecks.

Thank you.