The Home Depot - Very big job with multiple rewards | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Very big job with multiple rewards"

Pros

Great fulfilling company with strong culture and drive towards the future. The SASM position is very difficualt and require excellent time management skills. Multiple reports to anaylze and perfect if your are anaylitical. Very intense customer service situations that challenge even the best trained. You will find some of the best and strongest retail managers at Home Depots

Cons

Sometimes the business is too complicated and needs to be simplified. Seems sometimes THD is division are not assessing the work load at store level. The reports mentioned above analyze the smallest number and can cause a distractiion to the sore values of the business (customer service, in-stock and store appearance.)

Advice to Management

Great coompany to work for and the THD leadership team in ATL are incredible servant leaders. Please keep simplifying the business so that we can continue to focus on delivering exceelent customer service. The SASM position needs to dramatically simplified to allow for better focus on developement and business anaylsis.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Valuable, in-depth work experience"

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst
    Current Employee - Logistics Analyst

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time

Pros

The Supply Chain Department has grown a lot in the past 5 years under great leadership. The people genuinely care about each other, and although it is a big company, you develop a relationship like your family. You learn a lot about Supply Chain with the number of people you work with on a daily level.

Cons

Ultimately, if you have to drive your career. No one else will do that for you. Since it is a big company, and you are working with so many groups, it is a challenge to see what the final outcome was for a project/analysis you were working on.

2. "The Employees - *They* are "The Power of The Home Depot"!"

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

I work with some really great people!! (Always a plus - when you can work with people and really feel like you're a part of the team!)

Some of these people put their hearts, blood, sweat, and tears into what they do - and it's obvious by their amount of dedication to this company, that they really care about their job and the customers they try to help on a day-to-day basis. (In my opinion, a lot of these hard-working people are being painfully underpaid for the job they do, and for all of the hard work and effort they put in. But alas, isn't that the case most everywhere you go these days?)

Cons

Some of the cons would be that this companyt has some members in management that probably should have a bit more experience and a bit more training - (to fully understand and appreciate their roles) - before they're placed into those highly-demanding positions. (I feel that a few of these people are far too young and far too little experience to comprehend what a good manager/supervisor is all about.)

I was also shorted 4 hours on my last paycheck. (This was not an accident - as I found out that a few other employees I know were also shorted on their paychecks as well.) I know and completely understand that things are tough in this country and in this economy - but shorting your employees on the hours they worked, and not explaining and/or apologizing for shorting them, does not make the company look professional or honest.

Advice to Management

I'm not trying to be cruel by saying this, but I just want to be honest - please remove the few unprofessional people out of management. (i.e. - Namely those who do not treat others with respect and those who do not understand the *key concept* of being a team-player.)

Also, please try to do better to ensure that the hours your employees work do not go "over budget" - so that you do not have to intentionally/purprosefully short your employees on their paychecks.

Thank you.