The Home Depot - Fun place to work | Glassdoor

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temple, TX
Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temple, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The associates are like family, customers come first, we can get recognized for our hard work. When a customer comes back in telling you how great their project turned out, that is what it's all about. If you like helping people and solving problems, this is a good place.

Cons

Heavy lifting, understaffed a lot of the time, mgmt always wants more out of you. My knees and back, shoulders, basically everything is really feeling the labor of this job. I have been bruised in more places than I care to count, but I don't have to do any other workouts, I get plenty on my shift. Some days I can put in 9 miles on my pedometer.

Advice to Management

Put more focus on training, it has to be a priority. I have not had time to go take a class in months.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Beautifully Tragic!!"

Pros

Good pay lots of excitement.

Cons

no morals , lack of core values

Advice to Management

follow the rules and never deviate

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Lumber and Building Materials Sales Associate in Fort Gratiot, MI

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started at The Home Depot I loved it, the computer training they start you off with isn't the greatest but once you hit the sales floor it's a great experience. I work in lumber and building materials and it is very fast paced. Good starting pay, all my coworkers and managers are great.

Cons

I've been working here for about 7 months now and I'm noticing some issues. My hours got cut from 30-35 to about 15-20, and on top of that, they keep hiring more part timers. Aside from that though, my only complaint is the expectations. It might just be my location but in lumber and building materials you are expected to be unrealistically efficient on all the lift equipment, putting away lumber trucks and all the other merchandise all while helping customers. Closing is always a workout.

Advice to Management

Management is great!