The Home Depot - I sold contracting (kitchen and bath refacing) for them and I found them to be cut throat. Home Depot Interiors or USR | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"I sold contracting (kitchen and bath refacing) for them and I found them to be cut throat. Home Depot Interiors or USR"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bohemia, NY
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bohemia, NY

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good benefits and 401K match. They are the 34th largest companies in the US and not going anywhere.

Cons

Sales Manager is in direct control of your income. They do not pay for gas expenses or anything else for that matter. Long work days.

Advice to Management

Integrate a routing software into sales program to keep sales reps from driving long distances. Make sure your sales managers have ethics and morals. Make sure leads are distributed fairly and there is no favoritism.Stop using gimmicks on customers to make sales (coupons, ICOs, etc.)

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Excellent Work Environment"

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Associate

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, great training resources, flexible scheduling

Cons

labor intensive, difficult customers, not enough highly trained associates, poor raises

Advice to Management

Training is great, but your employees need time to develop skills. Dont teach to unecessary information - its a waste of time and money for the company. ALSO - favoritism is taking over the sales floor! Department managers will give homer awards to their friends just to get them that fancy check, maybe there needs to be a little more evidence to give those elusive homies.

The Home Depot Response

Jul 19, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. We respect your feedback and will share it with others.

"Not bad, if you've got the right boss"

Current Employee - Online Editor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Online Editor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest brands in the retail world, this company is large and wealthy. It continues to grow, and has great potential for sustained dominance. If you have good ideas that you can get management support for, you'll be given plenty of resources to make them happen.

Cons

This was my first time working for a major corporation, and unfortunately, I found the stereotype of a politicized, old-boy network culture to be true. I had a lousy supervisor who was arrogant, ignorant and abrasive. That's too bad because otherwise, I found it to be a pretty decent place to work. If you've got a good supervisor at this company, you can do well.

Advice to Management

Pick managers according to merit, not because you went to school with them or you know them from the yacht club or whatever. Give managers extensive training so that they'll be effective and supportive leaders.

The Home Depot Response

Jul 26, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We wish you were happier with your current management. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group... More