The Home Depot - Great Atmosphere | Glassdoor

"Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Hardware Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Hardware Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, great starting wage, good benefits, overall friendly environment

Cons

Hard to transfer to other departments, feels like they set unrealistic expectations for employees but i guess that depends on location and management

Aug 12, 2013 – Client Partner

Welcome to our team! Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your first year at The Home Depot.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "good"

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

I enjoyed the customers, they seemed to make you smile or its so easy to make somone else smile .that was my favorite part .Stocking shelves maintaining your department and satifying customer was the job.

Cons

Homedepot is a great company to work for not very friendly oriented management dose not always do what they are suppose to do worked here for 2 years not easy to promote within the company . but after all a okay place to work .

Aug 12, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service.

2. "Worst place to work"

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like three maybe four of my co-workers

Cons

Over worked, underpaid, not appreciated and the managers play favorites. Its like being in high school all over again, however its 10 times worse. Worst decision I have made job wise. If I didn't absolutely need this job I would quit in heartbeat.

Advice to Management

Grow up, your employees are not your friends, you shouldn't be socializing with your employees outside the work place

Sep 13, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More