The Home Depot - Great until I was Terminated for the store Management. Nonetheless they have there reasons. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Great until I was Terminated for the store Management. Nonetheless they have there reasons."

Former Employee - Millwork Specialist in Lithia Springs, GA
Former Employee - Millwork Specialist in Lithia Springs, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company. Good chance for advancement, if you want to.! Home Depot offers a lot of product knowledge classes for there associates. The company offers there associates good benefits. Home Depot have metric "SOP"s, and as long as the man hours per-scribed to your department you shouldn't have a problem.

Cons

My Store Management Bullies.

Management are too controlling at my store.!!!!!

Management:

-Over delegate without without providing enough direction
-Has lack of trust and respect in the talent of direction reports and others
-Hoards, keeps the good stuff for him/herself
-Doesn't know how to empower others
-Delegates but micromanages others
-Lack a plan of how to work through others
-Throw task at people; doesn't communicate the bigger picture
-overdecorates without providing enough direction or help
-Doesn't do enough work him/herself
-Have unrealistic expectations of direct reports and others
-over-structure tasks and decisions before delegating them to the point of limiting individual initiative

If you have Building experience, and product knowledge, know how to sell any product or service the store offers, or you know how to push a few buttons to resolve any customers needs in a timely matter so that the customer can quickly return to there job with everything they didn't remember to complete there job with in a minimal amount of down time. In other words if you know the product or services offered out of store, and can sell the whole project it seems your a threat.

I was fired after 7years with the Home Depot
1 complaint--
1 $295 markdown
Final reason was "Poor performance"

Double Platinum award
Executive Award

and several more Awards and accomplishments with the Home Depot

I'm 53 and it seems some are working harder to get out of work.

GREED

Advice to Management

Be a Licensed Builder before becoming a Manager at the Home Depot.

Aug 15, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Pays Well but Lacks Structure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Home Depot is a multi-billion dollar company that pays very well. I work on the online team and can really only review this particular department. The best thing about working here is the pay.

Cons

The online team can be very disorganized at times, lacks structure, and doesn't offer the best opportunities for growth. I can't speak for the rest of the company, but from basic observations of other departments, I think it's safe to assume the entire company doesn't operate this way.

Advice to Management

I would highly recommend that this department be much more selective when hiring people for leadership roles. We have a high turnover rate, and let's be honest. Most people don't leave companies; they leave poor managers.

Sep 5, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. Did you know we offer a variety of training courses, leadership programs, mentoring programs and promotion opportunities to associates at all levels of the company? To ... More

2. "Anonymous"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Depending on the store manager, the work environment could be great or not. The opportunity to move up was there, just had to work hard to get there.

Cons

No real training for associates to move up. Have to train self in order to move up. Leadership team has so much on there plate, never enough time to train department managers for the next level. Promoting store managers to soon with not enough knowledge of the business and poor leadership skills

Advice to Management

Put together some form of formal training for Supervisors and Assistant Managers so they are not put into position with out having the right tools or training for the position.

Sep 6, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing a review. Taking care of associates is one of our core values. We continually look for ways to ensure that associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities.