The Home Depot - THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED"

Current Employee - Freight Department Employee in Bettendorf, IA
Current Employee - Freight Department Employee in Bettendorf, IA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Associates are friendly, some employees are good to work with.

Cons

The new freight supervisor is quite mean. They were expecting you to stay hours past your scheduled shift. Don't have proper tools or equipment to do job correctly. It is basically a sweat shop in there at night. WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. The pay is extremely low for what you do. At first I really liked it before they redid the entire packing out process and screwed with it. Now it's an extremely miserable horrible place to work. I did my job and I left. A guy I worked with missed 2 weeks of work without calling in and I miss two days of work total that I called in for because I was sick and that guy almost got his job back but you let me go. I was concerned taking a job in a retail store in the first place because I know they do not care at all about their employee's. NEVER AGAIN. I'm done working with any and all retail stores forever. MANY MANY TIMES I WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND MY JOB AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET. TAKE A HIKE HOME DEPOT! NOT ONLY DID YOU LOSE AN EMPLOYEE BUT YOU ALSO LOST MY BUSINESS.

Advice to Management

GET SOME TOOLS SO I WE CAN DO OUR JOB PROPERLY. I hurt my back at your place, almost ripped fingers out of the socket and screwed my ankle up because you can't keep your work place up to par but I was a good sport about it till now because all you care about is speed not safety although you people do a great job pretending you care.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 23, 2013 – Client Partner

Respect for All People is one of the core values that guides the Company’s expectations of how associates behave. Home Depot is committed to ensuring that associates work in an environment that’s... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "So far, so good"

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of flexibility with requesting time or days off. Nice little perks like discounts on certain associate pricing, stocks. Love the Homer Fund which you pay into it with as little as $1 p/paycheck and in case of personal circumstance Home depot doubles what you've put in as well as the associates will pitch in in time of need and it'll be doubled as well.

Cons

Some of the higher ups sometimes tend to let the position get to their heads so they're harder to work with. But all in all most of them are okay as long as you communicate with them.

Advice to Management

Some need to develop better people skills. There's a difference between commanding someone to do something rather than letting you know they spotted something that needs to be done.

The Home Depot Response

Jul 26, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your insights! We will share your feedback with others. Keep up the great work.

"Hard working, self-motivated associate. Wishing there was a real career opportunity available, based on performance."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment. Most associates are helpful, and respectful. Safe conditions, good area to work. Commute is hassle free. Good food near-by.

Cons

Training is spotty. Schedules are terrible. Pay is not enough to live on. Not any real chance for much advancement. Possible if management favors you. Have to play the game.

Advice to Management

Get on the floor and talk to and listen to the associates. Open up full-time positions with a real living wage for those interested in staying. Part-time is not a career.