The Home Depot - PT hours vs Best Customer Service | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"PT hours vs Best Customer Service"

Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Richmond, VA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the customers, my fellow employees and the supervisors. I am a cashier and honestly love my job!

Cons

PT employees limited to 29 hours a week. Additional training very hard to access under limited hours.

Advice to Management

Company needs to revisit the law pertaining to PT limited hours. PT employees should not be effected as ALL employees are offered benefits after 90 days of employment with Home Depot. Also management under each store needs to be more uniformed, each has their own mgmt style. Where one says no another says yes. This is very confusing for employees.

Sep 5, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Only Hire Part-time low wages barely above minimum wage"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Zephyrhills, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Zephyrhills, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are like family and always ready to help you out. The customers are thankful for your assistance.

Cons

only hire part-time even though they claim they have benefits for part time they are expensive and cover very little and next no training even though in the past they were known for well trained associates not any more.

Advice to Management

Either pay more or hire full-time, at what you are paying you only get kids or older retirees starting to look like McDonalds. The store managers take money for events for associtates and decorate their office. They also steal from the shelves taking things they don't buy.

Sep 19, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. The Home Depot strives to provide our associates and their families great coverage and protection. You can read more about our benefits here ... More

2. "It served it's purpose"

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Columbia, MO

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

benefits, success sharing, 401K, tuition reimbursement, co-workers, connections made with customers, learn a lot about home improvement

Cons

Not all customers are good customers, on the job training, though basic, is not comprehensive, sometimes leaving employees feeling stupid

Sep 19, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service.