The Home Depot - Assistant Operation Manager | Glassdoor

"Assistant Operation Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN
Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advancement, Training and development, Team Atmosphere, Customer relations.

Cons

Lack of Management training, Employee engagement and training from Store Managers especially to Supervisors.

Advice to Management

Make sure that store level management is very well informed on SOP's and especially when it is to do with customers that are not honest and taking things on how to react or what to do in that situation when there is no Loss prevent Associate in the store. I would also recommend that the Disciplinary actions be reviewed and maybe the lack of knowledge and training might have caused the policy violation and could be fixed instead of losing a good 15 yr loyal employee or Manager.

Sep 6, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Challenging"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Minneapolis, KS
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Minneapolis, KS

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The merchandising execution team position has been a constantly evolving and top-performing introduction to the company over the past few years. Alway busy, never a dull moment. Fun projects. The work we do is apparent and satisfying. Challenging in finding solutions to the problems that arise and can sometimes push to the limits of creative thinking.

Cons

Inconsistently staffed on the floor to help with customer service. Associates constantly disappear while leaving their phones behind. Supervisors spending too much time in the back doing their work and not enough time on the floor assisting associates.

Advice to Management

The consistency of direction leaves something to be desired. What is ok one day turns out to be not the next. Need more structured and longer length rollouts of new projects that we take on, and not having the expectation of hitting the ground running with perfection from day one.

Sep 6, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. They are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and innovative ... More

"Great company for many years to work for but senior management has lost focus on the company's founding values."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary and bonus for salaried managers. Health benefits are good and 401k plan is excellent. Yearly store manager meeting in La's Vegas. The company does encourage community involvement. Homer Fund is a chariatable organization within the company to assist employees in need, such as victims of natural disasters.

Cons

Very little license on creative freedom when it comes to merchandising. Training is subpar for management. District level managers are often detached from the reality of what goes on in stores and set unrealistic time frames for major projects. Decreasing pay and hours for hourly associates makes keeping both morale and retention difficult. Major rollouts of new policies and technology is often rushed by corporate leaving management ill prepared for kinks

Advice to Management

Unfortunately the company is moving towards results at any costs when it comes to salaried management. Look out for yourself first and foremost if you want to survive. Force your district team to give you support by being relentless via email. If you are not vetting responses, cc your regional team. Send out emails of the good things you are doing to regional and divisional team members

Sep 19, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. An important part of The Home Depot is giving of our time, talent, energy and resources to our community and society.