The Home Depot - Frustration and Aggravation | Glassdoor

"Frustration and Aggravation"

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security b/c as long as you brown nose and kiss up to your boss while passing your duties off to your subordinates you'll move up the ladder fast!

Cons

Expectations of job performance are through the roof but the resources to fulfill these expectations are in the basement. Unspoken expectation that you should work off the clock to get work done especially department heads (non salary) and made to feel inadequate if not willing to get the work done off the clock.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone accountable for doing their own job instead of constantly delegating responsibilities down to the next person. It all ends up falling on the little guys who are often over worked and under paid.

Oct 9, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We wish you were happier with your current management. Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the Associate Advice Council Group ... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Not bad for a part time job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have a good dept head, will work with you on your schedule.

Cons

Allot of higher ups in the store are out for themselves. If they know you know allot, they will drain you of everything you got

Advice to Management

If you have someone good, praise them often

Oct 9, 2013 – Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others.

2. "Rose colored glasses"

Former Employee - Phone Operator in West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Phone Operator in West Hartford, CT

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Name recognition in the marketplace. Excellent benefit plan at the time.

Cons

Sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Living up to the high expectations of the public and corporate leaves more questions than answers such as "I don't know what to tell you..." being told to the customer at a micro-level.

Advice to Management

Image is not everything. Continuity is. Playing a numbers game with the Voice of the customer surveys is not a substantive way of assessing customer service. Taking constructive criticism and having the company as a whole re-think itself is. Corporate introspection is the best way to never stop improving.

Oct 9, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More