The Home Depot - A good place to working | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"A good place to working"

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate
Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible for part time associates going to school. Most schedulers are willing to work with you. Room for advancement. Online training. Pretty good benefits. The company has good core values and shows it by volunteer work.

Cons

If you get stuck with a poor supervisor, career advancement can be challenging. Poor communication between management and hourly associates.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 9, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. An important part of The Home Depot is giving of our time, talent, energy and resources to our community and society. We encourage our associates to adopt and adapt good ideas ... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Started great, now it's just sad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good coworkers left, close to home, some good managers left

Cons

Continually cutting hours, increasing responsibility and making it impossible to achieve goals which raise pay.

Advice to Management

When I started at this store we had a good manager and a good team. People were dedicated to customer service. I had the tools to do my job and felt valued for the most part. But the culture has changed. Now it's squeeze, squeeze, squeeze. Home Depot adopted Walmart's scheduling strategy where everyone must be "fully flexible," Everyone works all hours and weekends. And getting the same days of the week off is impossible. How do you plan your life this way?

Now they are cutting more positions to part-time from full-time and they have cut all benefits to part-timers. All this while the stock price and executive salaries are climbing. Really? Seriously? How much is enough?

Learn from Walmart's mistakes instead of copying their failed human resources policies from a few years ago. Your people WERE your strength. Don't ruin it.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 18, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

2. "Operations Assistant Store Manager"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary is good. Bonuses are nice. Good people

Cons

Long hours without any coverage for breaks or lunch. Unclear direction from district management team, each one contradicts each other.