The Home Depot - It's given me opportunity that I never imagined | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"It's given me opportunity that I never imagined"

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of great folks to work with and help on a daily basis. You get to really know your customers and treat them like family.

Cons

You never get holidays off, you put in far too many hours in your store and not enough with your family. Work and life balance is difficult.

Advice to Management

Take a look at what is asked of your managers. Money is not everything to us. We have lives and we have families that should be higher up on our priority list. Bonuses are nice, don't get me wrong! But the cost we pay for the reward we receive is NOT proportional.

Oct 9, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core ... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Happy"

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time

Pros

Teamwork, training, opportunity to advance. My experience was nothing but pleasant, I enjoyed the work environment and the people. Good pay as well.

Cons

Hard being a girl on the floor sometimes. Customers tend to prefer male associates even if you are knowledgeable.

Oct 25, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service. Keep up the great work!

2. "A good place to working"

Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate
    Current Employee - Merchandising Execution Associate

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible for part time associates going to school. Most schedulers are willing to work with you. Room for advancement. Online training. Pretty good benefits. The company has good core values and shows it by volunteer work.

Cons

If you get stuck with a poor supervisor, career advancement can be challenging. Poor communication between management and hourly associates.

Oct 9, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing. An important part of The Home Depot is giving of our time, talent, energy and resources to our community and society. We encourage our associates to adopt and adapt good ideas ... More