The Home Depot - A positive experience thus far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"A positive experience thus far"

Current Employee - Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for growth. There is also lots of changes to move to different business units if you get bogged down in one area.

Cons

The benefits are geared toward front-line associates. They are pretty thin for a fortune 500 company. Processes are not refined either as the company grew rather large in a short period of time.

Advice to Management

Think strategically rather than tactically. Projects are not given enough time for proper planning and due dilligence. Everything is reactive.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "D24 Supervisor"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Topeka, KS

Pros

Amazing opportunities for growth.
    Never ending experience and knowledge to be gained from not only peers and management, but customers as well.
    Great benefits
    My store had fantastic salaried leadership, and our district team was amazing as well.
    Home Depot was an experience i would not trade for the world.

Cons

- Faulty logic.

-- Never enough hours to take care of customers and keep the store worthy of customers. We equated it to putting a gallon in a quart jar, every day. We were never able to hire the people we needed to give an amazing experience and run the store to its potential. We weren't hiring early enough in the season due to lack of available hours or an asinine directive from above.

-- HD would never allow us to pay the right people enough to retain them past when they found better compensation elsewhere.

-- In store services like MET were able to cherry pick our best associates to support an entity that DOES NOT DIRECTLY DEAL WITH THE CORE BUSINESS... HELPING CUSTOMERS!!!

-- In Home Depots quest to become walmart with top notch execution and minimal variation in customer experience they have lost site and began to step on their own toes.

I could go on and on, its a real shame.

Advice to Management

Quit focusing on short term gains. You have diminished the potential durability of your revenue base by losing site of important objectives and allowing small win to amalgamate into hubris that bolsters your faulty--circular logic. Prepare your stores (the people, which matter more than anything) to be ready to beat the pants off the competition when our economy gains momentum. As it stands i would much rather be the blue box with a solid logistics operation and focus on square footage growth-- than be in the opposite situation -- you know, if its all the same.

"We need new management that knows how to manage"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Pros

The reason I like my job is because of the customers and fellow co workers, they make my job worth while.

Cons

Without having a manager we can trust or someone that would let us speak our mind to without being ganged up on by the managers. We have nobody to address our issues to because the HR that comes to the store is always with the managers and never tries to address our issues. At our store the employees morals are down and it is a negative work environment that is getting worse everyday.

Advice to Management

Investigate our store managers, look at our core values and our commitment, if the associates are responsible to following them, how can our managerment get away with it? Investigate the times the managers are scheduled and the time they come to work and leave, make the sallaried managers punch in to keep them on their toes. Fix our HR so we have someone to go to without the fear of being ganged up on by our managers for what we say. PLEASE.