The Home Depot - My experience at Home Depot has been very positive. Good company atmosphere. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"My experience at Home Depot has been very positive. Good company atmosphere."

Pros

Successful company in the home improvement arena. Heavy emphasis on customer service which they excel at. Company has significant employee benefits, part time employees included. Opportunity to advance is very much available.

Cons

Hourly rate of pay could be higher.

Oct 22, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Head cashiers did nothing but walk around giving orders. They never jumped in to help."

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier
    Former Employee - Part Time Cashier

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The breaks! As a cashier, you received a 15 minute paid break every 2 hours.

Cons

The pay is terrible to say the least. Slightly over minimum. I worked with the public for many years and was stunned to be honest about the pay. Your raise after 1 year is .15. Also, walking and standing on concrete floors all day or night is painful to both feet and back. You are never allowed to sit down except on your breaks. So no matter how much your feet and back hurt, deal with it or get out like I did!!

Advice to Management

Start making your head cashiers jump in and help when necessary. Instead, the lines can back up because scheduling just a couple of cashiers a shift doesn't quite cut it.

Nov 5, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

2. "It was great experience working there"

Pros

Flexible around your schedule as long as you let them know ahead of time

Cons

I don't have any cons

Oct 22, 2013 – Client Partner