The Home Depot - Cashier | Glassdoor

"Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Bridgeport, WV
Current Employee - Cashier in Bridgeport, WV

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the first place I have seen where cashiers are appreciated for what they do. Their recognition program makes you want to work harder along with going above and beyond.

Cons

The salaries are low and not much for growth unless go straight for management positions. The structure of the management is a little confusing with all the branches and different responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Organization is a key and several stores seem to have it while others do not. I have enjoyed the helpfulness of the management, this has helped me overcome my learning curve and made working as an associate a joy.

Oct 25, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience in your first year at The Home Depot. Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Worst of the worst"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. Working here will be nothing but regret at being ripped off by the pig at the trough in Atlanta.

Cons

70% of associates have back&leg injuries from work here. 75% have 2nd jobs or another source of income because salaries are sub-Walmart. No benefits for part-timers and co. is trying hard to get rid of all full-timers any way it can. Dumbest, laziest managers. Forbes said it had the dumbest CEO inthe country. All insiders dumping their HD stock. Head pig got $40mil in stock options and he's unloading all as fast as he can. You're better off working in a coal mine, at least coal miners have a strong union.

Advice to Management

Go to the dog pound and get put down, you're worthless.

Nov 26, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and... More

2. "Changed for the worse"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maryville, TN

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They so hire someone wanting any job

Cons

They no longer hire people with skills, not offer full time employment for them, and not willing to pay them based on experience

Nov 12, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.