The Home Depot - Good people. A friendly environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Good people. A friendly environment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Littleton, CO

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work really well around my schedule. The people who work there are great!

Cons

Hard to raise salary if you start low.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Lack of good leadership and lack of associate help"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Broward Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Broward Gardens, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the time decent retail hours to work ,flexibility in getting the days off needed.

Cons

Low pay for hard work.Working in a store with low foot traffic and expected to generated a high quota at all times. Being held accountable for sales while being threatened with dismissal(to be fired) if not getting the quota accomplished.Butt kissing supervisors who don't protect their employees back and only care for their own back, and don't take care of their employees and treat them with disrespect include management.You are expected to work in every department even though you are a specialist and need to work in your own department only.Not as described in your job description.Many times there is no one on the floor, in the adjacent departments.Cutting on stuff to put bonuses in the managers pockets.There is no career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Stop targeting employees as a personal hate target,leave them alone to do their job.Stop letting people go because they make tool much money according to your standards (not to say morals ,something you don't have). I know personally many people,good people who where let go because they where making too much money according to Home Depot standards but they were top sales people in the company.You don't know how to appreciate people and you treat them like garbage after working many years for you,You suck as a company because your managers suck and your management turnover is horrible .You need to stop having such a high turnover and be more loyal to the employees. Give better raises,and learn to keep good employees and value your employees which you don't!!!Its the people who make the company not the company that makes the employee!!!There is no career advancement opportunities,make sure you let associates grow and move to different store and different departments don't just think about yourself which you do all the time,only hbtink about yourself,that is not how you run a company.You nee d to keep your employee happy,satisfied and growing in position!!!

The Home Depot Response

Dec 3, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs. . Please call 1.866.698.4347 and select the option for the ... More

2. "It had its ups and downs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My co workers are really friendly and a lot of the upper management are too. Its an easy job that pays a little over minimum wage in texas. Hours are also good for part timers

Cons

The people are rude when you don't know where something is even if you are only a cashier. This job is mostly just tools and wood, so if youre looking for a fun job well this can go both ways.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 25, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is customer service.