The Home Depot - Only For The hard Working And Close Mouthed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Only For The hard Working And Close Mouthed"

Current Employee - Pro Paint Sales Specialist in West Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Pro Paint Sales Specialist in West Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you take direction well, have a consistent good work ethic AND a consistent positive attitude, The Home Depot can become a career. You can move positions once or twice in a year and slowly work your way up the "food chain". Although you must always try to go above and beyond, whether it's with how you left your department looking after closing or if it's how well you assisted that irritated customer that had been misdirected twice already. Praise is given when you have REALLY earned it. I've moved six times in just three years, getting four small raises.

Cons

The raises are minimal. Until you get into management you don't make much. (The previous statement really applies to people about 30 and under without outstanding resumes.) Also, depending on the personalities of the people in management, you may seem to feel unappreciated. As soon as you realize you should never hold high expectations for Home Depot OR any of your coworkers, you will do fine. Fend for yourself.

Advice to Management

When working with people, obviously some need to just be told what to do, but ask for an associates help. Asking someone is always better than "You have to get this done tonight, okay?". Some managers have it down. Also, communicate with other managers. Communication seems to be the issue in every store, and I've worked in three stores in three states.

The Home Depot Response

Oct 29, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback. Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"not what it should be"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

learning about home improvement, some benefits

Cons

just a little bit above minimum wage, cutting hours,not enough incomefor paying bills but not aible to have a second job because flexible work hours, no communication

Advice to Management

speaking with employees

The Home Depot Response

Nov 22, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

2. "Great place to work with great pay and benefits"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Energetic environment, the main building has all of the amenities needed, gym, day care, dry cleaner, great cafeteria etc.

Cons

Very fast paced and constantly changing.